01110111 01100101 01101100 01100011 01101111 01101101
The Binary Graffiti Club is a user friendly public participatory spectacle and public engagement event across urban space creating new narratives for the playful engagement of the environment, encompassing performance, politics and art. The Binary Graffiti Club are invited members of the public at each location for each event. The Binary Graffiti Club set off across the city and create artworks. The Binary Graffiti club is a social and performative project custom produced for each city or venue and there are an range of possible outputs that can occur.
The walls, pavements, and empty spaces are covered in over 101 unique and different artworks. An extension of the “flaneur” who wanders without aim The BGC create a new sense of urgency and agency as the city is reclaimed for cultural change. The Binary Graffiti Club provides a platform to celebrate the pioneering spirit of digital innovation and culture through creative collision and socially engaged artistic practice. The Binary Graffiti Club inspires young people to see the city as canvas to create change. The artwork created represents the hopes and aspirations of young people set in various contexts. They are all wearing especially made hoodies.
The idea and core concept is to inspire young people to see the city as canvas to create change and to see the environment as their city space and to make their "mark" on it.
The people have sense of agency------- people who can oppose systems-----free and uninhibited----- they are protective ----- live in a melting pot of mixed social composition-------- strong independent minds ------ prepared to challenge. I want to engage this spirit of challenge, independence, and global connectivity and leverage this into a future vision.
This is an ongoing project and you can get involved by creating you own workshops, adding to the manfesto, making hoodies, creatinf graffiti or contact us to come and work with you.
- A series of graffiti messages are placed around the city and photo documentation of this enables a reclaiming of the city.
- The photos of the groups draw focus to specific location and also create exhibition opportunities of these photos.
- The workshops to make the grafitti and decide what to write is a public process open event by the participants.
- Performance which is more choreographed as final performative spectacle. It can be from 10 to 1001 people at a time.
- Choir and choral event as spectacle.
- Book to be published and created via workshops.
- Software Tracking Systems for hundreds of people and festivals to use. The Global Derive.
- Exhibition of Binary Graffiti Cub material: The hoodies, The Manifesto, The Video, The Photos, The Stencils. etc
- Other to be discussed with curators.
The Binary Graffiti Club.
If you want to get involved Email:- email@example.com
Or download PDF info.
An Art Project by Stanza
© Copyright Stanza. All rights reserved. www.stanza.co.uk
If you take images the credit line is:- Artwork by Stanza courtesy The Binary Graffiti Club